This 1921 photo shows the Brown family cemetery. It was one of four small cemeteries that were removed to make way for the new Wanaque Reservoir. According to the wishes of Squire Edward J. Brown, the Brown Cemetery was moved to a tract in Midvale Cemetery. The North Jersey Water Commission agreed to maintain the transferred gravesites at their new location.